FOR ASPIRING ENTREPRENEURS
enke: Make Your Mark in partnership with Investec and Qhubeka have created a unique opportunity for up and coming entrepreneurs to bid for an opportunity to run with one of the Business on a Bike ideas. This opportunity is only open to Kagiso township-based enke: Program beneficiaries and alumni aged between 18 and 35 years old. Potential candidates must have a keen interest in entrepreneurship as a way of ensuring their and possibly other people’s active economic participation.
JOIN THE GENERATOR
- Access to developed business ideas and plans to build a new business or incorporate into your own
- Access to a bicycle and seed funding for implementation of the Business on a Bicycle
- Receive 12-months of in-person and online support from enke to help aspiring entrepreneurs to become investor and/or incubator ready
- Building social capital with the program partners, Investec and Qhubeka
To participate in the Generator, participants must:
- have completed an enke program, especially the Catalyst Program
- live in Kagiso
- be between ages 18-35 years old
- be interested in entrepreneurship as a way of ensuring their and possibly other people’s active economic participation.
How to Join the Generator
- Complete the application form and submit to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until September 2019.
- Attend introduction session: Shortlisted candidates may be invited to an introduction session in preparation for the actual bidding process – attendance at this session is both necessary and compulsory.
- Pitch your business: Candidates are then to present to a panel of adjudicators as part of their bid process.
- Look for the announcement: Successful candidates will be announced and enrolled as part of a year-long entrepreneurship support programme facilitated by enke
Note: Submission an application form does not guarantee selection. Candidates will be shortlisted following a review of all applications received.
Meet the Program Partners
enke is an award-winning leadership development organization that generates and incubates youth-led social impact and entrepreneurship. We do this through leadership and social action programmes for high school youth and post-school youth, as well as specialised services. Our programs provide young people with theoretical and practical skills that make it possible for them to become effective leaders in their communities – people who have the desire and ability to identify and access opportunities for a more positive future.
enke is the implementation partner for the Business on a Bicycle Generator, connecting, providing training and support to aspiring young entrepreneurs from their programs with this opportunity
Go to enke website to learn more
Investec is a distinctive specialist bank and asset manager, that is publicly traded in London and Johannesburg. Our divisions include Corporate & Institutional Banking, Private Banking, Wealth & Investment and Asset Management.
Investec’s Corporate Social Investments (CSI) are central to the group’s philosophy of making an unselfish contribution to society. Investec’s approach to CSI focuses on education and entrepreneurship. We believe initiatives in these two areas are the most effective way to create employment, wealth creation and socio-economic growth in South Africa.
Investec Private Banking and CSI are providing financial and coordinating support for this project.
Go to Investec website to learn more
Qhubeka was founded in 2005. We chose the name, which means “to progress”, “to move forward”, because bicycles help people to travel faster and further, and to carry more. This means they can get where they need to go and do things that are difficult without transport, like fetching supplies, travelling to school or work, visiting a clinic, or providing emergency help after a disaster. A bicycle is a tool that helps people move forward.
In this project, Qhubeka will be providing the bicycles, and training on their use for entrepreneurs selected in the Business on a Bicycle Generator.
Go to Qhubeka website to learn more